Free, useful, fun, nice and easy software. Or
your mummy back.(1)(2)
Free, easy, powerful, fast
WeeDuplicateDetective is a FREE duplicate cleaner. It helps you find
copies of files (duplicates) and clean them up.
Click to enlarge
Download WeeDuplicateDetective 1.5
Supported OSes: XP, Vista and Windows 7
Download from software repositories:
To XP and Vista users: you may need to install the .NET
Framework 4 before you can use WDD.
You can download
What's new in WDD 1.5?
- remember the search patterns (in the combobox)
- lighter UI
- less borders, less color gradients and less animations (speeds up
- the process of finding duplicates has its own dialog
- layout made a bit less "full" for some options, mostly in the
right side bar
- removed a couple of unneeded text fields (ironically, I had
- files unsafe for deletion
- show those files (files in the Windows directory and system and
- exclude those files from being selected or even remove them from
- all fields at once
- using wildcards (* and ?) or a regular expression
- allow filtering of search files per file extension
- new dialog to edit the type filters
- add one criteria to remove files from the list
- bug fixes
- display of amount of files cleaned & of files scanned
- crash when cleaning all files in a duplicate group
- cursor when finding duplicates
- remove files from list: stats not updated
- help file (FINALLY!) - html file, with style reminiscent of this
What is WeeDuplicateDetective?
WeeDuplicateDetective is easy to use, nice to look at, and does its job
perfectly. It gives you a lot of control over
- what is to be considered as a duplicates,
- how the list of found duplicates is shown,
- how you can select which duplicates are to be cleaned
- how you can clean the selected duplicates
Have a look at the help file (also
available in the installer) for full information.
Plus, WDD is 100% free and will remain so!
Who makes WeeDuplicateDetective?
Well, I do. My name is Guillaume Ranslant. I'm French and I live in
Germany. Check my blog
or my LinkedIn
profiles for more information.
I develop WDD in my free time, therefore no company is involved in any
way. Therefore also, ... things take some time to be done, as my kids
take a lot of my free time (and I like it so).
I use Visual C# Express for the code, NSIS for the installer, Paint.NET
and IcoFX for the main icon and found some icons on www.findicons.com.
- WeeDuplicateDetective 188.8.131.52
- WeeDuplicateDetective 184.108.40.206
- fixed - WDD doesn't hang anymore when cancelling the cleaning
- added - support for animated GIFs in the preview pane
- added - you can now stop the search for duplicates
- WeeDuplicateDetective 220.127.116.11
2011 - Guillaume Ranslant (site content and design
(HTML and CSS(3)), WeeDuplicateDetective)
1 pun intended - 2 I will not
actually give a mummy back, I don't have any - 3 Depending
on the browser you use, the CSS will render differently, FF5 gives the
most satisfying results so far